the following features when choosing a pH meter:
- A calibration facility requiring two pH
buffers is essential i.e. uses pH buffer 4.0 and pH buffer 7.0 for
Readability to pH 0.1: Readability to 0.01 is
un-necessary for nutrient solutions. Further, accuracy to 0.01 is rarely
achievable even when meters are properly maintained.
- Replaceable electrode: This is the
component that usually limits the life-span of an electronic pH meter.
- Waterproof housing is desirable.
- Automatic temperature compensation:
Standard on most meters.
- Auto-off feature: For prolonging battery